Friday, October 19, 2007
1. my house stinks. it has had this smell before and i can't ever tell where it is coming from. i burn candles, i scrub the floors, i shake out the rugs, i have method plug-ins in the kitchen (gingerbread scent, so my son keeps thinking i'm baking, such a mean trick), i have poured vinegar down all the pipes....but it still stinks. i had a theory the last time that there must be a dead bird in our chimney. it eventually went away, so i thought i was right, but again? how often do birds die in one's chimney?
2. my husband has been a good sport about the mini van. i mean, it is bad enough being a dorky mom, but isn't a dorky dad even worse? :) we know there will be times when he will have to drive it. we are keeping the suburban, so it won't be that often, but it will happen. so i am thinking i might have to get silver. isn't silver better for a guy? could i be over thinking this whole thing? :) i do appreciate your support and advice. thank you!
3. i don't like halloween decorations. except for pumpkins. (especially the white ones!) so i have been buying lots of pumpkins. i got bumpy ones and lopsided ones and multi-colored ones, all for outside. it looks a bit like a pumpkin farm out there.
4. it is cloudy here today. i hadn't seen a cloudy day in so long. the gray is so beautiful. but come on rain!
5. i am going to sew today. some seat cushion covers.
6. i did a lesson on painting wood and distressing it in my class this past week. i will post what i did, someone had asked me about it.
7. no, i will not post my haircut. too embarrassed. :)
8. i need some flowers for my windowboxes and for on the porches, but i have been waiting it out because of our drought. i don't like mums. they die too fast. i am going straight to pansies. white ones, i think.
9. i just went to the gap and bought a bunch of shirts that are about six sizes bigger than "my size." i know that sounds weird, but they feel so comfortable and i love that!
i think they look good that way too, loose and free. i got a bunch of different plaids and stripes, really a great shirt. check it out. :)
10. my children are both home today and my daughter has been listening to princess christmas music all morning. i am actually enjoying it.
11. eleven is my favorite number, so i have to think of one more thing to say. oh, here's something, i have decided i am going to do a brown themed christmas tree this year. natural fibers (muslin, jute) and rich brown velvet. maybe a touch of blue in there (can't resist) and lots of textures, but nothing sparkly. i am going to give sparkly a rest.
okay, that's all. hope you have a great weekend. :)