Thursday, March 27, 2008
scavenger hunt
they are sanding our entire downstairs today. which means it is empty. which means i sit here in an upstairs bedroom surrounded by the contents of my kitchen, my bedroom, my closet, my dining room, my family room, my husband's office...there are even some pantry items in here...hmmm, i think i will have some goldfish crackers. this isn't bad living. very convenient in many ways. but it is about to get very noisy. and dusty. so we are getting out of here. i couldn't think of anything to do that would take all day, so i decided to have a mission. assignment: find a church pew. i have always wanted a church pew. i have almost made the purchase several times, but then i think that one is too long or this one wobbles too much. i want the perfect church pew. see my mission got a little harder. think i can do it today? i will let you know.


photo from salvo.com
  posted at 4:38 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 10:53 AM, Blogger sle said...

I remember all the dust that sanding leaves and how the contractor promised his crew would leave the place immaculate! Ha!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger hqm said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you find! I have a 7'7" church pew in my kitchen...I love it! It took me years to find an one...they can be so expensive! My MIL found mine in a convent that was closing for $35...THRITY FIVE DOLLARS...I told her to buy all of them!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Claire said...

How funny, I'm looking for a church pew too, to go in my new kitchen to be! Like you I find they are either too long, too small, the back isn't very comfortable but its fun looking for one!!!
I bet you children think its great fun the way your living right now....roll on getting back to normal...happy pew hunting....claire xx

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Chris Kauffman said...

Did you find your pew?

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Lorilu said...

Try finding an empty church after hours! ;)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I'm a lurker but your "mission" has forced me to break my silence. I have a favorite store in Quitman, Ga called Urban Cottage. They buy reclaimed wood from barns that are taken down in North Carolina and build their own furniture. Everything is very distressed/cottage/vintage/shabby and BEAUTIFUL. They also have a few great pieces that are found in the old plantations around the area. The last time I was in there about a month ago they had a church pew that I fell in LOVE with. They don't have a website but the owner will email you pictures of anything along with prices (which are very negotiable). His name is Jonathan Dixon and his email is urbancottage@aol.com

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Wow, what a good tip from NMB! You must let us know how your hunt goes, hd.

The little preview of your kitchen looks gorgeous!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger bethy said...

thanks, nmb! i contacted him and he already sent me a few pics!!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: