Thursday, March 29, 2007
pollyanna


weird that ashley tagged me with this today. i was just thinking about pollyanna. growing up, i loved the movie pollyanna so much that i swore if i had one, i would name my daughter pollyanna someday. things change, i named her elisabeth, but i still love the movie. if you remember, pollyanna invented "the glad game." that is what this tag is all about.

i know it would be fun to have a list of my favorite things here, like maine cottage furniture and bella notte bedding, but more than ever i have felt that things are just really kind of silly. even home things. i love my home, i like buying things for it and i suppose i always will, but i am kind of sick of stuff right now. so what am i grateful for? i guess it is more like who am i grateful for...

1. friends who cry with me, laugh with me, and laugh at me
2. a husband who brings me coffee
3. old church ladies who make jello salads and knit shawls
4. neighbors who wave
5. the milkman who appreciates my business
6. strangers who have prayed for me
7. second cousins twice removed who care to know me
8. my children's teachers who give them (and me) hugs
9. people who go above and beyond to take care of others
10. you
  posted at 2:35 PM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Susie Q said...

I just bought this for my daughter and me to watch together during her Sppring Break. It was a favorite of mine as a child...
Happy memories.
Hugs,
Sue

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger LBP said...

I love Pollyana too! I may have to rent that this weekend!

You have a milkman? How cool is that. We had a milkman back in the early 1960's when I lived in the city.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that you wait to post something so you can think about it. i wish i were more that way. take care.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Lorilu said...

nicely done.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger sle said...

Amen. to your list, that is. And we are all thankful for you as well.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Shabbee Chick said...

I want a milkman. Where did you find him and how can I get one????

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Kim -today's creative blog said...

I LOVE Pollyanna! I even cried at the new movie of Pollyanna.
I had a bike named Pollyanna......Loved that Movie.
My family doesn't understand. :)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Meg said...

This is sweet, homedaisy.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I also really like Pollyanna and think it has a very good message. I'm thankful for you too. I know you and your family have been through so much this month. Thank you for the reminder to be glad and thankful for the people in our lives, rather than the "things". My best to you.
allie from minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger MODERN COUNTRY said...

I just found your blog and i read about the loss of your brothers little boy. For 3 days ago my sister lost her litlle babygirl, only 15 days old. I completely understand the greaf you must have been feeling. And i do agree that a few words can make a very big difference!!!
Thank you for sharing this post!
With love from Aina

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Annabelle said...

I just read your blog all the way through. I love it. I understand all about ripping up carpet on a whim...or even taking down a wall. I used to scare my husband but he's getting used to my "ways". My sympathy to you & your's on the loss of your nephew.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger navybluegirl said...

Your list was sweet and your blog shows what a creative person you are. I feel that way about "things" too sometimes. I know what it is like to loose someone close. My heart goes out to you.

PS....I absolutely love old ladies and their jello salads. They make me feel so warm and fuzzy.

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Naturegirl said...

The milkman who appreciates your business!! Does that still happen home delivery of milk??Wow.. if so!
I think your list covers all the important things.Have a good day!NG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: