Thursday, March 29, 2007
weird that ashley tagged me with this today. i was just thinking about pollyanna. growing up, i loved the movie pollyanna so much that i swore if i had one, i would name my daughter pollyanna someday. things change, i named her elisabeth, but i still love the movie. if you remember, pollyanna invented "the glad game." that is what this tag is all about.
i know it would be fun to have a list of my favorite things here, like maine cottage furniture and bella notte bedding, but more than ever i have felt that things are just really kind of silly. even home things. i love my home, i like buying things for it and i suppose i always will, but i am kind of sick of stuff right now. so what am i grateful for? i guess it is more like who am i grateful for...
1. friends who cry with me, laugh with me, and laugh at me
2. a husband who brings me coffee
3. old church ladies who make jello salads and knit shawls
4. neighbors who wave
5. the milkman who appreciates my business
6. strangers who have prayed for me
7. second cousins twice removed who care to know me
8. my children's teachers who give them (and me) hugs
9. people who go above and beyond to take care of others