Wednesday, November 08, 2006
...oh
when i make a big purchase, i really do my homework. i imagine the item in the desired place, i measure, i move things around, i envision, i dream...and then, i decide. so, really, i am rarely surprised. most of the time, the purchased item is exactly what i thought it would be. that is true with my table. i feel it has always been here. it blends right in. but today at target, i had a moment of oops. when you buy an 8 foot table, you can't just pick up a holiday tablecloth. now why didn't i think of that? so it is a very good thing that i bought myself a sewing machine because my very first project will be a tablecloth. to make it easy on myself, i am going to simply sew two purchased standard rectangular tablecloths together. i mean i am a novice at this and i do want a ruffle. that is okay isn't it?

i did a little "inspiration shopping" this morning and found a few christmas things to set my theme. i think i am going for a polka dot christmas. yup, i am. :)
  posted at 1:31 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polka-dots for Christmas sounds lovely! You certainly can sew two tablecloths together. Joining the ruffles might be a little rough. You'll just have to play around with it. Be sure that you press your seam flat so when you place items on the table, they don't wobble on top of the seam. I love your blog, BTW, if I haven't already told you that!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger bethy said...

bettsi,
thanks for the sewing tips - i REALLY need them! i laughed when i re-read my post and i said "simply" sew the tablecloths together - ha. i can't even thread the thing!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kim -today's creative blog said...

Love the look of that table leg. You HAVE to go to my blog and see the vintage table I bought. I think it's in the June Archives. To Die For!!!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Deb said...

I just bought myself a sewing machine in August after being bitten by the sewing bug. Reading and seeing all the great things people had made on their blogs made me think I might be able to do it too! So far I have made curtains for the dining room (simple rod panel drapes)and a few aprons! It took me a while to figure out how to thread it as well since I didn't realize the bobbin threader lifted up and the thread kept falling off the machine!! I will blog about it tomorrow. Happy sewing!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger bethy said...

kim, you're right- that table rocks! and what a price!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sexy legs you have! I can't wait to see the rest of that table.

I love your polka dot idea. Where did you find your inspiration? I hope you post pics soon. I always love your pics. I'm like a 1 person fan club!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jolene George said...

Sewing two together is a great idea. and I think polka dots will be very cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: