Tuesday, November 07, 2006
slump days
uninspired. do you ever feel like there is too much to do...so you do nothing? i know i told you i am getting ready for christmas and i need to work on the powder room, but things are moving very slowly around here. i have lists on top of lists, but really, i am just not in the mood. it is cold and rainy and i can't seem to drink enough coffee to get my bottom out of this chair. i think i need a christmas theme. i think that would get me going. last year i went with a cottage cozy antique-white theme. the year before that, i added a little modern sparkle. the year before that i went with traditional red. i have always changed my theme a bit year to year, and i don't mean i spend much money in doing it. i just pull from my attic what i want to emphasize and buy a few new statemenet pieces to set the tone. i'm guessing most of you do that, right? but i don't know where i am going with it yet this year. maybe if i did, i would get busy and get out of this chair!
  posted at 10:38 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to this post....it's 2:25pm and I am still in my pj's. I do about 30 mins of chores and then sit for 2 hours. It's raining here too and I have only two days off from work to get things done before the weekend. We sanded the floors in three rooms last weekend and this coming weekend we will be staining them. There is too much to do so I do nothing!!!!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I can relate as well. I get impatient when I have something to create and yet can't get an idea of how it is that I want to approach it. Then all of a sudden I do and the vision is crystal clear and I want to stay up all night until my work is done. Things work in strange ways. Maybe you're meant to have this down time now before the rush of creativity keeps you working and working and working! GOOD LUCK!!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Jolene George said...

The picture goes perfectly with the title and how you're feeling. I admit that I am feeling very much the same way today.
I like how you change your theme...I have never done that, but I know people who do. I'm sure whatever you come up will be beautiful and I hope you get motivated to get the powder room done...the hardest part is STARTING...after that it entergizes you. :o)

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger bethy said...

i'm gald you all can relate. it's hard when you kow you need to get to work! thanks for your good wishes. you're the best :)

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I responded to this earlier but my post is missing! Any who, love the pic you posted with this thread and if you are too overwhelmed I find focusing on something much smaller within the big picture really helps.

I was also wondering if you could tell me the name of the paint you used in your foyer. I love it!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger bethy said...

hi jen,

i had read your post, but it must not have "posted." i was looking for it this evening to respond about the foyer color, so i am glad you wrote back. anyway, the color of my foyer is french general's flax. i also love the green in my son's room by restoration hardware -i think it is called bay laurel? i will have to look that up. can't wait to see what you do! :)

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I must order those paint samples. And maybe a few other goodies too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: