Thursday, November 16, 2006
the milkman lives!
a few weeks ago, i noticed a little white milk box on a friend's front porch. i commented on how cute it was and she said, to my surprise, "it is real." and i said, "like...a real milkman comes here and brings you milk?" i was in disbelief. but, yes, in 2006 there is a milkman!
and now, he comes to my house too! and i love him. he has a real milkman truck and he brings fresh cold organic milk (in bottles!), along with cheese, eggs, yogurt, etc. he leaves it all in the cute little white insulated milk box on our front porch. when we are home, we hear him knock and yell, "it's the milkman!" i mean, can it get any better than that?

to those of you who saw my post from last night and commented....you are amazingly generous. i couldn't even publish your comments, i was so embarrassed by your compliments! too, too kind you all are. to answer some questions: aimee, yes, i am a hokie! jolene, my mother would just die if i posted her picture, she is even more camera shy than i am! :) ashley, no scotch needed, i plan to do a tour around december 14th :) thanks again to all of you bloggin' buddies. you bring me so many smiles. oh yeah, and bethy is my real name(short for elizabeth, which is technically my middle name).
  posted at 4:40 PM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 7:54 PM, Blogger createwithme said...

Sigh, I want a milkman! I have to travel every week to pick up my milk from a farmer!
I love the wall.
I really want you to come decorate my house! (And also to explain to me how you can keep it picked up so nicely when you have children!)

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Jolene George said...

No...it really doesn't get any better than that! My dad was a milk man for years, but not with those cute little jars. I so love those!
I KNEW you wouldn't publish the comments because you are so shy. I had to giggle...but what I said was TRUE!....honest! :o)

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely sick with jealousy. You see I was born in the wrong decade. I was meant to be born in the 30's, 40's or 50's, not the 70's. I want to live in Mayberry or live next to The Cleaver's. I really want a milkman and those bottles are gorgeous. Who wouldn't want to pour their milk from those?

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family always had a milkman growing up (I'm 28, so this was up until like 10 years ago). It was great! My parents house was built in the 20s so it actually has a two way delivery box in it that he would drop the milk and eggs in.

The one time, my mom left a bunch of food and wine chilling on the back porch (it's Erie and always cold there) and the milk man thought it was a christmas present and took it all! hahahah

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I envy you! I have a small collection of old milk bottles because they remind me of days past. Sadly, I do not have such a service near me. Phooey.

Again, you are such a talented and special woman. Thank you for your thoughts and this special spot.

Fondly,
Sue

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

*sigh* I was born in the wrong decade too..the 70's (ick). I belong somewhere between 1870 and 1910. That's wonderful you can have milk delivered like that!!!! The bottles are adorable!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I was born too late as well! Oh, to have a milkman!

BTW, this is my 1st visit to your spot on the web and it is lovely.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I am so embarrassed...this is NOT my 1st visit to your lovely home. I started reading back and realized I had stopped in before (gulp, embarrassed!).

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger lisagh said...

I had a milkman when I was little (late 60s early 70s) and his name was Mr. Smiley. He used to drive us around the neighborhood on his milk truck. Ah... the simpler times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: