Wednesday, October 11, 2006
dictatorship
this teapot is from england. it was a gift from my great aunt mary. it is the gifts of treasures like these that have dictated my style. i think? for as a long as i can remember, my grandmother has given me countless gifts like these. depression glass, dolls, family heirlooms, fabulous antique-y things. i adore it all. and i can't separate it. do i love it because they are things that belonged to her, that remind of her, because they are things that have meaning and make me feel loved when i see them? or is it my style? i guess it doesn't matter. but i was just wondering.
  posted at 7:23 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I understand what you are saying. Some of my things I am sure I love more because they belonged to people I loved. Other things I know I have chosen on my own because they look like things that belonged to people I loved. On the other hand, I don't (didn't) always love everything just because it comes from these special people. This is getting confusing to read. What I'm trying to say is that I think somewhere mixed in all of the collecting and inheriting and gift receiving you do develop a sense of you. It's just enhanced by your life experiences and those around you.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger bethy said...

hi marcia. i have done lots of shades of blue, green, and gray lately. i think that even if you just change it slightly, you aren't repeating yourself. my bedroom is martha's graph paper - and i LOVE it!! good luck :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: