Friday, October 06, 2006
the farm
my home has a big wrap around porch that makes it more a farmhouse style than cottage. i love farms and have always been drawn to things that remind me of them. baskets of eggs, milking stools, long dining tables, glass milk jugs, calico aprons and warm quilts. i went to school in rural virginia and driving around school was such a treat, rolling fields, big red barns, cows. so i was thrilled to go to the farm with my son this week. we went on a hayride, we watched the farmers milk the cows, we saw the chickens sitting on their eggs, we fed the goats. and i was reminded what farms really are - a lot of stinky hard work. there were bugs and manure piles everywhere, the farmers were sweating and swatting at gnats. the chickens were wild and noisy, the pigs, well you can just imagine the pigs. on our way out, i saw an old lady on the farmhouse porch rocking in a chair sipping on some lemonade overlooking all the activities of the farm. it made me wonder about all the work she had done in her life. and i'm kind of jealous of her experience. God bless her.
  posted at 4:24 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jolene George said...

You are SOOOO like me. I LOVE anything to do with farm stuff. My scraproom is decorated with barns. We had chickens for a few years until they stopped laying eggs. Problem is we live in the city and I don't think the neighbors liked it...especially when we had the rooster. Everything you mentioned brings me happiness too. I so want to live on a farm with a wrap around porch. It's always been my dream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: