Tuesday, May 08, 2007
seven random tidbits

thanks, kellie. i will play. :)

1. my favorite color to wear is brown. i have always favored brown shoes to black and i am sure i always will. i like it when my children wear brown clothes and i love it when my husband wears it.
2. i haven't grown up when it comes to mcdonalds happy meals, crayola crayons, or hide and go seek. one time right before i was married, i flew to maui and i took a barbie coloring book along and colored during the whole flight with my own big box of 64 colors. it was wonderful.
3. my mom calls me teeny bean.
4. if i had another daughter i would name her frances or francina.
5. when i got married, my bridesmaids all wore ivory satin just like i did.
6. i grew up just outside of dc. when i was in high school, i used to ride the metro into the city by myself to go shopping. i would never do that now.
7. right now, you know what is bugging me? i have this great big sheet of a glass mirror in my master bathroom and since we moved in i have wanted it gone. we have hired someone to come remove it, but he is taking too long to start the job. i am about to go in there and start whacking at it, but i am afraid i will get hurt.

**since this post was all about random-ness, i thought the picture i took tonight would suit. these were all things clustered on my kitchen counter at dinner time and i thought, oh, that looks kind of pretty. it's the little things in life :)
  posted at 1:58 PM  
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 4:47 PM, Blogger hqm said...

I have one of those mirrors, too! Six years we have been in this house...everyroom has been painted and decorated, some rooms more than once! Our bathroom looks exactly the same as the day we moved in, no paint, windo treatment, not even a picture or plant... all because of THAT mirror!
Oh, I love Happy Meals, too!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Becka said...

All my bridesmaids wore white too!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Oh girlfriend, I hope your mirror guy *does* come because I know you *will* get in there with a sledge hammer if he doesn't hurry up :)

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Interesting. I love the random picture.
Visit my blog sometime.
Rosemary

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I love the big 64 pack of crayons.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Tracey said...

Do be careful! I had a friend who tried to remove one of those with the help of her husband and she sliced her leg open quite badly. It's kept me from tackling my own giant mirror!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Jolene George said...

Love your 7 things Bethy.My husband loves it when I wear brown. My town doesn't have McDonalds yet, so I have to drive 25 miles to get a happy meal. :o)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Lilibet said...

Hmmm. I tend not to like those big mirrors / mirrored closets, etc. in the bedroom. The Chinese say a mirror in the bedroom is bad feng shui. I don't know how far I would take that, a little mirror is okay, but I don't want to see myself full length every day, in different degrees of undress!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Libby said...

The picture of random-ness is just beautiful, homedaisy, it really is the little things, isn't it?

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger navybluegirl said...

I nannied a couple of summers...the most adorable little girl. I loved, loved, loved coloring with her. We'd go out and get new coloring books all the time. It is therapeutic.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger M. said...

Hello - I just came across your blog through Libby, it's a great read! i love the pictures and the home decor. May I add you to my blogroll?

mariainkyoto.blogspot.com

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger bethy said...

hi maria,
thanks :) and, of course, i would love to be added to your links!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger smilnsigh said...

Your bridesmaids all wore the same as the bride... ivory satin. That must have been beautiful!

Mari-Nanci

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The random items on your counter indeed are very pretty - love the colors together. And thank you for sharing 7 random tid bits about yourself. It's always so interesting hearing those things about people.

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: