Thursday, January 24, 2008
momma said


my parents visited in december. while they were here my mother asked me if i had one of those big exercise balls. i told her that i did not, and that i wasn't going to get one despite them being a big trend. i imagined i would get it and it would just sit in a corner and take up space. she said people say it is good for your back. she sold me. i got one. i thought, maybe i would sit on it while i worked on the computer. maybe i would even do some crunches. maybe this ball would be the very trick to getting me into the best shape of my life. so far, i have used it once. i sat on it while i ate this:



and i really enjoyed it! thanks, mom. the ball is great.


and here is that tag i was talking about...

4 jobs i have had
1. mcdonalds. i was 16. i lived at the beach that summer and i walked to work. i made $5.50 an hour plus time and a half when i stayed through the night to make the morning biscuits. i was amazed at how clean it was. i had heard too many fast food horror stories. my best friend and i were in charge of the drive-thru. we used to talk to each other through our head sets. it is so funny to me now, but i really loved it!
2. barbizon. go ahead, you can laugh, i can handle it. it was my first job ever. i was 13. i taught four year olds how to stand for pictures and how to speak to people. i think i made $3.35 an hour and worked two hours a week. how silly is that?
3. ymca camp counselor. i was 17 and it was a day camp for underprivileged children in annapolis. i was given a lot of responsibility, so i really grew up with this job and learned a lot. there were so many sad stories. i still remember the children's names and faces.
4. yacht club waitress. did i learn a lot with this one too. a lot about service, people and food, but even more about myself. i realized i did a better job with one 20top than with five 2tops. this has proven to be a great analogy for me in life and it has helped me make my choices. it all has to fit under one umbrella for me. i might not be making any sense here... so how about this... i also learned that you should never take a person's wine glass away without asking them first, even if it looks empty. that really makes some people mad.
4 movies i would watch over and over again
pollyanna
you've got mail
miracle on 34th street
pretty woman
4 places i have lived
cheverly, md
annapolis, md
blacksburg, va
here
4 people i email or text or call almost daily
my grandma
my mom
pam
jen
4 favorite things to eat
cookies
bagels
brownies
burritos
4 places i would rather be
right here is perfect.
i love being home with my family
4 things I look forward to this year
designing my new kitchen and having more space here
(yes, a new farmhouse sink, meg!)
going to pennsylvania in the summer
watching my son begin kindergarten - he is soo excited.
getting another dog
  posted at 3:28 PM  
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 6:01 PM, Blogger SeaWorthy said...

Ive got one of those balls in my pantry! Thanks for reminding me. I think the kids would have fun kicking it around the yard, Ill have to get it out for them!!

dosent every momma love home?? My sentiments exactly..
Lisa
coastal nest

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger lisagh said...

An ice cream eating ball - I love it!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Mama Lisa said...

can't wait to see your new kitchen. i can't wait to have a farmhouse sink one day too. hope you post your progress.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger paige said...

you crack me up, as usual!
a new doggie? does that mean anything concerning kennedy ??
great list by the way!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Sugar Bear said...

I have one of those ball too - currently it is sitting on a pile of junk in my basement.
Karla

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger sle said...

I had one of those balls. Now my Lab has it in the back yard. She loves it.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Lorilu said...

THAT is is great use of that ball! I think you should market that. I know you would have many interested buyers!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I like your tabletop analogy...it makes perfect sense.

So glad the farmhouse sink will be coming your way! It will be right at home in your beautiful, soon to be even moreso, home.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kim -today's creative blog said...

My son plays on my ball more than I use it too. I love laying on my back to stretch my chest.
Looks like you need more air in yours.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I used one of those balls in labor....it was awesome!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger paige said...

yes i realize i have indeed posted yet another second time in the same post--thought you'd find it funny that i purchased my pink bally thing today & one of my girls has asked several times "whens the show"....oh dear, is any thing sacred?
xo

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Nonie said...

Great! That is so funny.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Jolene George said...

LOL! I like the way you think! Exercise ball and ice-cream...perfect!
I would so love a country kitchen with a farmhouse sink.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

I think I will relay your job experience to my kids! Seems we all have had interesting part time work where we actually DID learn something...even if it was that we definately wanted a college degree so we didn't have to serve ice cream the rest of our lives!! (or maybe I do want to do that!). We are replacing our countertops... last Sat. I asked about a farmhouse sink but it's in the corner and so no, it's too small!!! :(

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Katie said...

The only work I have done on my ball has been labor during childbirth. And it was great for it! It was initially bought for getting into shape, though... It is currently in its home in the corner of the garage, where it will remain until I begin labor again one day... :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: