Friday, February 02, 2007
things i've learned from my mother
1. mean people aren't "mean," they have problems. when you look at it this way, you have sympathy toward them, not anger.
2. every accomplishment deserves a party. with cake.
3. sing. read. play games.
4. always look at the big picture. in every frustrating situation, pause and ask, what matters here?
5. don't do your make-up while driving.
6. balance is key. don't drink too much, don't eat too much, don't do anything too much.
7. find the right friends.
8. be responsible.
10. little things mean a lot.
11. it's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
12. love to learn.
13. appreciate the old.
14. get a lot of sleep and drink orange juice.
15. work hard and with a smile on your face.
16. tell your children stories about when you were a little kid.
17. cut out the nonsense. get off the phone, stop the gossip, quit complaining, no wallowing in the past. just get up and get cracking. there is way too much to do to have time for nonsense.