Friday, February 02, 2007
things i've learned from my mother

1. mean people aren't "mean," they have problems. when you look at it this way, you have sympathy toward them, not anger.
2. every accomplishment deserves a party. with cake.
3. sing. read. play games.
4. always look at the big picture. in every frustrating situation, pause and ask, what matters here?
5. don't do your make-up while driving.
6. balance is key. don't drink too much, don't eat too much, don't do anything too much.
7. find the right friends.
8. be responsible.
9. pray.
10. little things mean a lot.
11. it's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
12. love to learn.
13. appreciate the old.
14. get a lot of sleep and drink orange juice.
15. work hard and with a smile on your face.
16. tell your children stories about when you were a little kid.
17. cut out the nonsense. get off the phone, stop the gossip, quit complaining, no wallowing in the past. just get up and get cracking. there is way too much to do to have time for nonsense.
  posted at 6:47 AM  
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Sounds like you have a smart mother.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Melissa C Morris said...

here here!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I so agree with #1.

I remember when I was little (like in 2nd grade or something) and if there was a really horrible child in the class, acting up etc. I'd tell my mom about this child and my mom would always say something like "Oh, that poor child"...she felt sorry for a child that was that disruptive (I mean really disruptive) and it always boggled my mind at first because of course I was just totally annoyed at the child...but I think those were my first lessons in compassion.

Usually the meanest people are the most miserable people which is sad.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Kim -today's creative blog said...

wise wise woman.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Jolene George said...

You turned out to be such a wonderful person because you had a great mother....you were blessed. I have #11 on my wall!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Nonie said...

Great advice!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Shabbee Chick said...

Wow, sounds like a good mom. But instead of cake for the accomplishments, will CUPcakes work? I'm all about festive cupcakes-go check out my groundhog ones on my blog!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

I don't think I would change a thing...and I hope I have passed these down to my own 5 children!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your Mom sounds like a very wise woman...thanks for sharing what you learned from her.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Retroboutiques said...

Very wise woman...may I print those out to hang up?

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I love all those but especially love #2 with the cake!!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Wonderful life lessons, and what an honor for her to see that you recognize their importance.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger mome said...

Thank you for sharing and thanks to your Mom. I hope I can be half as wise to my children.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger LA said...

What a wise momma and lucky daughter. A lovely tribute.

Cheers! LA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: