Friday, January 05, 2007
what a difference a year makes



okay, so i have not ripped up the carpet. but i am going to. once something gets in my crawl like that, i can rarely let it go. i also have to admit the only reason why i haven't yet is because i have to wait until my husband goes out of town. he cannot see me in action, he will freak out! he does not understand such things. so i wait.
by the way, i am still tired. i think i am in holiday recovery mode, or maybe i am getting sick? ugh. that reminds me, i need to take some airborne.
i started my class. did i tell you about it? it is heidi swapp's "year to remember" by big picture scrapbooking. it is an on-line class with 1,000 members! the class has message boards and a chat room and a place to display your work. each week we listen to an audio or video clip of heidi giving us an assignment. the idea is that we "design a life we love." (i just love that.) we are encouraged to set a goal, achieve it, and make a book about the journey. this week we had to set our goal. so here is my goal: i want to start my own business by january 2008. i don't know exactly what my "business" will be, but i want one :) i know that i want to flip a house, i have wanted to do that for a long time. my husband and i are going to the beach tomorrow in hopes of acquiring our first potential flipper. a condo. we are starting small, of course! i have had my real estate license for several years. i need to update it - step 1. so somehow this business of mine will involve flipping. i mean, when one is passionate about ripping up carpet, this does make sense doesn't it?
  posted at 11:39 AM  
  17 comments



17 Comments:
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...what a beautiful kitchen!

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love your updated room! Good luck with your flip. It will turn out great, by the looks of your own home. I also love to rip up things and make them new again.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Just looks lovely!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a difference! Ilove white kitchen cabinets.

I think you should open an interior design business...you're a natural! I wish I had half your energy!

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kitchen in one year looks great! The class sounds great! And how fun to be in the flipping business!?

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That is beautiful! Maybe this before & after will convince my convince my husband it would be okay to go with white cabinets in our home.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! I think you are a natural flipper! You have such an ability to "see" what things can be. I wish you all good luck with that.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, I do love before and after shots. This scene is fabulous!! Go Go GO! on all your new plans...the class, your business. I think it sounds great. If you can visualize it, you can do it!

I must say, reading the comments you get on your blog always makes me smile. You have such an enthusiastic following, Homedaisy!

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. Will be excited to see those before/afters from your first flip! Do you still have the trailer that you work on, too?

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - your kitchen is so beautiful! The transformation is amazing...I'm so inspired! Great job!

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I wanted to add that I'm itching to start my own business, too. My youngest goes to school this fall and I'm starting to dabble in crafts and furniture makeovers (cottage style, of course!) I love the idea of flipping houses and if we didn't already have such a major project going on here at our own house, I would seriously want to do it for a living! For now, I'll just have to stick to "furniture flipping", lol!

That class sounds neat! I don't scrapbook, but I love scrapbooking papers and supplies. Could spend hours looking at them at the craft store! Have fun with it!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Jolene George said...

What a difference a year makes is right!!! All your hard work really paid off with that gorgeous kitchen. It's totally you. I love it so much!
I really think you will love Heidi's class. She is such a sweet person. I would have loved to have been able to sign up for it. Tell us all about what you're doing in it each month.

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the before and after and aren't you glad you have the pictures to really see the difference? I did a flip this past fall with my bf and it was SO much fun and so much fun to see the transformation, I can't wait to start working on the next one. I love the goal and the class, good luck, sounds awesome!

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katherine recommended that we drop by and check out your kitchen. WHOA!

How inspirational is that? Amazing. We are looking for a new house and your post has changed my reasons for crossing kitchens off the list. Amazing!

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am about to renovate a bathroom and I want to paint the cabinets white. Did you paint your kitchen cabinets white? If so, what type did you use? I'm not sure if I should use a high gloss or not?!?! I'm new to this whole renovation thing!

Love your blog!!!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger bethy said...

the cabinets are martha stewart's quill. it looks white/light gray outdoors, but inside it looks greenish gray.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Shabbee Chick said...

Oh, oh, oh! I LOVE your new kitchen! You are so talented!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: