Thursday, August 17, 2006
lucky grandchild
i was reading a post over at one of my favorite blogs my little cottage and it reminded me of my grandparents. you know those people who just have that knack for making a house a home...the kind of home that you enter and it is pretty and comfortable, the kind of home that smells like dinner and offers lemonade...that's my grandparent's house. it was built in 1850 (they removed siding and refurbished the logs about ten years ago). they always keep a candle lit in the upstairs window. they have a garden and a cat. my grandmother bakes almost everyday. she's the one who taught me the essentials of "the list."

everything about this house says love. i am so grateful.
  posted at 5:38 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Meg said...

It's absolutely precious. Is that the candle burning in the second story window? I can see why this would have such a big influence on you and why you appreciate it the way you do. It's wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



about me



Name:
bethy
still decorating. still love blue. but i'm stronger than i used to be.

My Complete Profile


Design Happens
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cottagebethy. Make your own badge here.
good neighbors
  • meg
  • ashley
  • lisagh
  • elizabeth
  • jennifer
  • katherine
  • mel
  • libby
  • holly
  • cindy
  • kim
  • kellie
  • jolene
  • autum
  • kim
  • jen
  • cammie
  • alicia
  • pat
  • posy
  • anna maria
  • liquid sky
  • heather
  • turkey feathers
  • pam
  • good stuff

    previous posts

    archives

    credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter: